Saturday, June 16, 2007

Questions to try and answer

1. Share something (or multiple things) with the class that moves or inspires you. These can be things to which you have positive or negative reaction, but they need to be things that you react to strongly. Be ready to discuss how they move you.

JFK Assasination

Vietnam

I meant to grab a couple of more, but I didn't have time to do so at work. I am not sure I like these so I will find something else.

2. What do you consider to be sacred?

I consider family, friendship, and trust to be sacred. I hold all three of them close to my heart and if you cross me on any of these fronts it will not be pretty.

3. What is an image?

I will answer later

4. What is music?

Music is an artistic way of telling a story or expressing an emotion. As a guitarist, my songs often reflect what type of motion I am feeling at any given moment. It is a unique expression because the next time you play a piece you might not react the same way or feel the same feelings.

5. What is new media?

I will answer this later

6. Why did you chose to go into New Media?

Originally, I wanted to learn all I could about color and design theory then transfer that knowledge to my work. Sadly after a semester into the program, I realized I could not take the classes needed for my design track because three quarters of them were offered during the day and because I work forty plus hours a week it was going to happen. I then decided to go with the Application design track because with my work schedule it was only way I would be able to graduate and I could pick up a Certificate in Computer Science very easily. I love web development, but I am disappointed that there has been very little done about the lack of classes for working students whether you are a traditional or non-traditional student such as myself. If I had it to do all over again I would probably went after a BS in Computer Information Technology while getting a minor in Informatics/New Media. In 2003, the draw to this degree for me was an updated curriculum working with the hottest technologies and it was stated the purpose was to upgrade the current technology worker in Indiana with new skills to help the companies in this state. I do not find that to be the case at all and it is a bit disappointing.

7. Who am I?

Another question that would take a long time for me to think about and include the relevant information.

8. How is this class impacting you and your approach to New Media? Have you seen any changes in your approach to projects or how you think about New Media? Consider the discussions, projects, and examples we have experienced when you are considering this question.

I will answer this later

No comments: