Saturday, June 16, 2007

Bliss Assignment

{First Part}

I spent my three hours of bliss playing tennis on the Hartru clay courts over at the Indianapolis Tennis Center. I haven't been playing as much due to the classes I am taking. I hadn't played on clay since 1996, but it didn't take long to get adjusted to what was at one time my favorite surface. I forgot how much fun it was to play on clay. Sliding into shots, rallies lasting two times longer than hard courts, preparing for balls that hit the line (you never know what they are going to do...it is a guessing game), and hitting drop shots that barely go over the net. It was quite enjoyable to get in an extra three hours of stress relief not to mention the exercise.


{Second Part}

The following question is regarding my final project....

What if....Flash is not the best solution for what I am trying to do.

What if Flash doesn't provide the slick user interface and components that we need to complete our project. If there is a better solution then what is it? What would provide the features we desire for our project? Does Adobe AIR, Ruby on Rails, or Microsoft Expression have the tools we need? That is something to ponder....

I appreciate the flexibility and the freedom of this assignment...however it can be daunting when you have all these choices.

{Third Part}

Upon further review, I started the final project in each of the programs and determined that Adobe Flex is our best option for the final project because it has the components and functionality that we need for our project. However we only have a few days to learn what we can and develop a prototype. So I had better get cracking on learning this stuff.....

No comments: