Saturday, June 16, 2007

Assignment 2

1. Go to a movie and document the smells you encounter

I went to a matinée today and watched Spiderman 3. Some of the smells I encountered included:

Popcorn, mildew, perfume (enough to kill something or somebody for that matter), someone cutting wind (definitely came from behind me some where), pretzel, ketchup, mustard, hot dog, pepperoni, and chewing gum.

2. Go out to dinner and document the sounds you hear

I went out to eat with my wife, her dad, and stepmother at Famous Dan's Barbecue. Some of the sounds I heard include:

cell phone, conversations around me, dishes hitting the floor then breaking, someone using a straw when there glass is empty, father in law chewing his food, waitress taking orders around me, and laughter

3. Listen to music and document what you see

This is what I saw while listening to disk #5 in my car:

"In the End" by Linkin Park

Oh boy this one is rough.....it reminds of a girl I was that I thought was the "one". She was Bipolar (yeah...I know), but for the first 8 months of our relationship you wouldn't know it. She stopped taking her meds and it was an endless spiral into the depths. This song reminds me of the fact that I tried so hard to keep the relationship going that I hit rock bottom in other areas of my life. Anyway enough of that....

4. Get ready for your day and document what you physically feel

This is how I felt this morning:

I am sore from playing tennis yesterday. The shower is helping with the soreness and it is waking me up. While running through my stretches before I play tennis I think I might have over done it because my shoulder is hurting a bit.

5. Go to a grocery store and document what you taste going up and down the aisle

I am thinking I am inept when it comes to this short of thing because I went twice and didn't taste anything :-(

No comments: